Friday, August 30, 2013

It is Finally Fantastic Friday !!

It's been a busy week for me. I think I recall three 9 hole rounds of golf. I'm not a golf player, just a ball hitter. It's good to get outside and get some exercise. I enjoy it more because I was playing with my Bride (who enjoys the game immensely).
We watched the University of South Carolina Gamecocks and the University of North Carolina Tar Heels play football last night on ESPN. The Gamecocks scored the first touchdown of the new NCAA football season. Don't think all the hype about Clowney was lived up to. He just didn't appear to be the Heisman candidate that he is touted to be. Not a pretty game but the Gamecocks won, and a win is a win.
This weekend is Labor Day weekend. We have been invited a co-worker of my Bride's for a cookout on Saturday. Food, pool, people. Sounds like fun. Sunday will be Church and after lunch, maybe a movie (Redbox anyone?). Monday my Bride is on 2nd call at the hospital. Hopefully she will not be called in.
I am thinking it is time to start making the purchases necessary for our trip in November. Since it will be cool in Rome I'm thinking jeans and long sleeve shirts. Of course one pair of Weejuns and one pair of athletic shoes. (Remember when all athletic shoes for the public were either "Keds" or "tennis" shoes?). Thinking we need to upgrade our luggage too. Saw a set at Costco that were some type of plastic but seem to be strong enough to hold up. Light weight (until loaded). Of course we will each have one carry-on which will probably be a backpack. Need to get copies of prescriptions from my Docs and labels from the pharmacy. Just going to carry enough to cover the trip plus 5 days. Hopefully there won't be a real problems getting thru the checkpoint(s).
Leave Orlando in early November and fly to Miami. Leave Miami and fly to Madrid, Spain. From Madrid we will continue to Rome, Italy. The return trip is exactly the opposite, Rome, Madrid, Miami, Orlando. We plan to visit Vatican City and it's museum, St. Peter's, the Colosseum, Forum, Fountain of Trevi and other sites.
Oh well, enough for today. Have a great weekend and a relaxing Labor Day !!

No comments: