Friday, October 3, 2008

B-B-Q and other foods

A friend left a comment about his father's bout with tasteless food saying that his Dad ate BBQ 'cause it was tasty. I can understand that!!! I love BBQ, but in my younger days I was spoiled by a little place outside of Darlington, SC. The place was "Skeet's BBQ". He cooked it himself for years and years then, I think his son might have supervised the pigs. Any way, that was the best vinegar based bbq that I have ever had. This place was open only two days a week and was always packed. First time I went it was around $6 for all you could eat. When last we went it was more like $10, not bad over a period of nearly 30 years.
Tasty food, served hot, served quickly (not fast food), served pleasantly. That's what we all want once in a while. With the economy like it is just no telling how long we (any of us) can afford the night out once or twice a week.

Have happy thoughts all day and keep a smile on your face (the smile will make others wonder what you're up to).

3 comments:

RLR said...

Mmmm - Skeet's! It's been a couple of years since I've been there. J was just a little thing - and he wanted cake with chocolate icing from the dessert table. Hmm - I remember eating that same cake almost every time when I was a kid!
The best we have around here is Little Richard's - and it's good, but just not the same as Skeet's. One new taste I've developed, in large part to LR's, is BBQ slaw. YUM! A BBQ sandwich just ins't complete without it. Guess that's why I can love LR's AND Skeet's - because I just can't see putting Skeet's BBQ on a bun. That's just not right! (Can you believe I haven't even mentioned the chicken bog?!?)

Have a good weekend - take care - and see you soon!

Love,
The Older Daughter

LEO said...

I remember going to Skeet's back when I was 6 or 7 years old. I LOVED it. I always wanting seconds and hoping there would still be some chocolate iced layered cake. It was so goooood!!! And I hate to put a damper on things but I pretty sure that they closed about 2 years ago. I really wish they hadn't.

Love,
The Youngest Daughter

Hartley said...

Yes, they did close. I'm certain that they are missed far & wide.

The Daddy