Monday, December 15, 2008

Finished with Radiation

Well, now I've completed the radiation treatment schedule. Actually finished
last Wednesday.
Still having pain in the esophagus but I've been assured that will diminish
and go away in time. Still, it's tough to eat solid food. BOOST, ENSURE, etc.
are the worst tasting things I can think of, right now.
Have a follow-up radiation oncologist appointment on Wednesday and a follow-up medical oncologist appointment next week.
Thanksgiving weekend did me in. I "caught" a respiratory infection of some sort and had to go on a "Z-PACK" treatment for a few days.
Took two weeks vacation and finally went back to work today. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Still, I'm a bit tired. All in all, it was a good day.
Have fun, get the Christmas gift shopping done early and then relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on finishing up the treatment...just in time for Eggnog, sausage balls, and other good cheer. Hang in there, dude.

glenn