Monday, August 5, 2013

Updates . . .

Well, here it is at the end of July. The first of August will mark our first year of living in Kissimmee. Living this close to Disney/Seaworld has its advantages. Of course there are also disadvantages...hot, humid, Spanish, stupid drivers, extraordinary crime. 
I have begun to take short walks (1/2 mile) a couple of times a week. It's time to try to get back into some kind of shape other than wrecked. .
Medically things continue along. Have a complete metabolic profile (blood work) done once a month. Talked my primary care physician into writing a standing order for this. It can be shared with any physician that has access to the hospital system. That would include my oncologist. I have lost my GI doc. He has left the practice here and has gone to Orlando. Of course he is now "out of network" as far as my insurance is concerned. The other docs in his former practice aren't going to see patients at the hospital so it's not going to help me there. No other GI guys in town or "in network." Had a scheduled oncology office on August 1st. I got the report from the PET/MRI scan that was done
earlier in July. It was all negative. No signs of tumors anywhere at this time !!!
Looking forward to a visit from my youngest daughter in the next few months. We can "catch-up" on 
stuff and maybe even day-trip to spend some time taking some photos.
Then my Bride and I have a vacation planned to Rome, Italy. That's in November. Of course, currently there is all this caution about foreign travel due to the threats to our embassies and consulates. Hope that is cleared up by our travel time.  My older daughter and her family are hoping to get here for a visit in late December. It's a long drive for them so I hope they plan some time to visit Disney or Seaworld. I can hardly wait to see the the girls and the Grands.
Hope everyone is having a great summer.

No comments: